UPDATE: We have made a lot of progress in our attempt to fix the place up in the past two month.
- Pest exterminator has been on site to eradicate previous pest problems, and sprayed all storage areas, baited traps are in place.
- Chemicals and salt has been used to lower algae in the pool.
- 300 sets of new cotton 500 line bed sheets/covers, pillow cases has been bought to replace old bed linen.
- 100 sets of towels has been replaced with brand new Egyptian cotton towels.
- 40 dooners has been replaced with brand new ones
- New wifi modem / line has been installed for rooms 50-90, faster/coverage free internet speed for guests
- 5 new 40 inch LCD TV has been bought to replace old damaged TV’s
- Hired a full time maintenance worker to fix previous existing problems.
- Bought a portable jump starter, already being used once to help customer to jump start their car in the morning. (Free of charge, just ask the reception for use)
- Additional training for reception has been implemented.
- Hired 2 more additional house keepers.
- Steak grill has been installed
- New menu has been created
- New fridge installed
- A French wine list is being created, awaiting shipment of stock, will be available in Mid August
Recently, there are a few negative feed backs on trip advisor, of which many are untrue, and false, some of the claim that our food are frozen, uncooked, is truly amazing what some people can come up with, our chef has 35 years of experience in cooking, we do not cook frozen meats, how is it possible that their dish is uncooked and frozen?
In peak times, we have up to 600 guests that stay in our rooms each week, up to 400 guests attend our restaurant each week, 99% of them are happy at the end of the day, and return the next day / time. Yet, there are a few that compare us to 5 star hotels around the world and are not satisfied after the comparison.
Eldorado Motor Inn is a two to three star/budget motel, priced at from $140 a room, this is due to the high costs running the motel, due to remote location, high costs of utilities, extra pay to hire staff and freight costs of general goods, we have cut our profit to the lowest possible to make the business survive.
Our competitors motels in town are at 20% to 30% more costly than our price, they have renovated their rooms in the last few years, but in 2016, we have began to renovate our rooms too, and still continuing renovating all the rooms as of July 28th, there are plenty of works still to be done.
We do not try to achieve a 5 star rating, that would be unfeasible for motel/hotel Tennant Creek, to charge guests $600 a night, would be too expensive for a stop over stay.
However, for the price, we do try to achieve a comfortable stay with all the basic necessities covered, ease, convenience, safe and clean environment for all our guests.
Welcome to the family friendly accommodation complex in Tennant Creek! Situated in The Barkly Region of the N.T. with a rich history of gold mining. The history of this area remains and is captured at the Battery Hill Mining Center.
The Eldorado Motor Inn has been operated since 1980 which is the biggest motel in the town.
Recently, we have done some extensive renovations to improve the appearance and operation of the Motel. All rooms now feature flat screen TV’s and 6 Star Split System Air Conditioners. A new play area for the kids and even an indoor Fun House enable the parents to keep an eye on the children during their meal. 2016 witnesses 31 newly refurbished rooms with secure parking.
May 25 of this year witnesses the opening of our Dragon King Chinese restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are expecting the opening of steak house in July 15.
In our Café /Bar you could grab a cold drink or coffee and enjoy free wireless internet or just a chat.
We can cater for large events and functions in our large restaurant that accommodates 120 people. We also serve Chinese buffet or Australia buffet for groups.
Our rooms include new quiet split system Air conditioners, large LCD TV, Fridge, En-suite and tea/coffee facilities. Rooms range from a Queen size room up to a family room of 5. Whatever your need during your stay in Tennant Creek, you can rely on the staff at the Eldorado Motor Inn.
The Eldorado Motel is situated in the Stuart Hwy at the northern end of Tennant Creek.
The Eldorado has all the facilities that you would expect in most major centers, especially the guest laundry room. With our spacious parking space and alfresco dinning in our licensed restaurant, we are sure that you will be impressed with the atmosphere and service.
Look forward to seeing you in Tennant Creek!
Eldorado Motor Inn.